About Dr. Jason Richardson
✅ Dr. Jason Richardson, MD FACS is a board-certified and fellowship-trained minimally invasive bariatric and general surgeon, who has dedicated his professional life to improving the health and lives of his patients. He is a published author of multiple articles and book chapters on the topics of general and bariatric surgery. As an innovator in the search for better treatments, Dr. Richardson has spoken at conferences throughout the United States on the subjects of his research and surgical techniques.
Dr. Richardson graduated from the Ohio State University medical school and was chief surgical resident at the Hospital of Saint Raphael affiliated with Yale University School of Medicine. He completed a fellowship in minimally invasive and bariatric surgery at the University of California, Irvine. He has trained and mentored medical students, resident physicians, and junior surgeons in advanced surgical techniques.
During his career, Dr. Richardson has received awards for patient care, technical skill, and research, and he has earned membership to the American College of Surgeons (ACS), the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS), the Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES), and other surgical and honor societies. He was board certified by the American Board of Surgery.
He was awarded Fellowship (FACS) into the American College of Surgeons (ACS). Fellowship in the College "means that the surgeon’s education and training, professional qualifications, surgical competence, and ethical conduct have passed a rigorous evaluation, and have been found to be consistent with the high standards established and demanded by the College" (see more). It is a step beyond board certification.
Dr. Richardson performs a wide-range of procedures including treatments for obesity, reflux disease, hernias, gallbladder disease, cancer, and numerous other medical conditions. Through his dedicated practice, research, publications, and training of other surgeons, Dr. Richardson hopes to share his deep appreciation for the life-changing effects that compassionate care can have on patients. His greatest honor remains the thousands of individuals who have entrusted him with their care.
🏅 Awards, Honors & Recognitions
- Fellowship - American College of Surgeons
- Healthgrades Honor Roll - Healthgrades
- Healthgrades Recognized Doctor - Healthgrades
- Top Gun Minimally Invasive Surgery Award - Yale New Haven Hospital Saint Raphael Campus
- Service Excellence Award - Yale New Haven Health Bridgeport Hospital
- Plenary Session Award - American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
- Certificate of Outstanding Contribution in Reviewing - Surgery for Obesity and Related Diseases (Official Journal of the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery)
- Lifetime Membership - Landacre Honor Society
- Samuel J. Roessler Research Scholarship - The Ohio State University
- Scholarship in Medicine - The Ohio State University